Everything I've wondered, pondered, considered, deliberated, contemplated, speculated, mused over, puzzled at, and thought about. Everything But Math that is.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Story About........ Socks

So, this should be a post about the next great charity ad I'm creating, Moustaches4Villains - But it's not.

I have been cleaning my room like crazy recently, it might have to do with the fact I'll be applying to colleges in a matter of months, and then moving out and maybe I don't need my silver sparkly top hat or giant dollar-sign sunglasses (Okay, I admit it, I still refuse to part with the top hat).

Yesterday I ambitiously decided to go through my clothes and sort into a I-Never-Wore-It-But-Feel-Guilty pile, Sure-Maybe-One-Day-I'll-Wear-This pile, and a God-I-Still-Have-This?!! pile.

While doing so I found socks in my pants drawer, I found socks in my pajama pants drawer, I found socks in my pajama tops drawer, I found socks in my underwear drawer. I found socks under my desk. I found socks everywhere.

Everywhere I looked I found blue and black socks, it was like my room was heavily infested.


I have so many socks in my room it suggests I have an unnatural amount of feet. Like I'm part caterpillar.

And then, I find a bag hidden and long forgotten in the depths of my closet......... Containing at least six pairs of new blue socks with the price tags still on them. According to my calculations I would have to go to the store and be like:
"I need more socks!"

......... and get like six pairs.

And then do that three more times.
"I need moooore socks!"
 
"I need moooOOre socks!"

"I need MOooOOOre socks!"

I don't even have any memory of purchasing any socks.

A Recent Update: So far I've paired up most of the socks but I have six missing their mate. There are still six renegade socks loose in my house.



I'm a little concerned about my sanity right now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment