Everything I've wondered, pondered, considered, deliberated, contemplated, speculated, mused over, puzzled at, and thought about. Everything But Math that is.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Calculus Will Probably Be The Death of Me

Next year I don't know if I'll be able to think about everything but math, because next year.... I'm taking AP Calculus.

No, wait. Let's try that again:
Next year I won't able to think at all because next year.... I'm taking...  AP Calculus


Yes, I realize last year I took honors pre-calculus and naturally the next step is AP Calculus but that doesn't make it any less worrying.

People who've already taken it tell me it's not that bad. However, I don't believe them because:
  1. People who took AP Calculus in their junior year of high school probably have a different view of what's 'not that bad'.
  2. I think they've been brainwashed. I think AP Calculus brainwashes the mind and smothers the soul.
  3. Somehow I managed  to make it through a full year of honor pre-calculus with an A- and only a vague idea of what calculus is


Yes, next year I will be fighting the most nefarious of enemies, the cruelest of the cruel, the monster that hides under regular monsters' beds and makes them yell for mommy. It makes X run and hide, shaking in fear as AP Calculus hunts it down, narrowing the range and domain until it has its prey.


More on this later.


P.S. Remember, when you hear "AP Calculus" think:




3 comments:

  1. ahaha yes "it's not that bad" is definitely my view (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I just want to say that I love how you've taken blogging and run with it. Your posts just get better and better, and great job keeping up with it!!
    2) You honestly have a talent for drawing and cartooning. I love the style you draw in and you are great at it. :)
    3) I miss you and I hope your summer has been awesome!! I'm with you on this Calc thing, and I hope we're in the same class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean: I'm pretty sure you've been brainwashed and there's a plug at the base of your neck where they plug you in to the Calculus Mother-ship and convince you it's 'not that bad'. Just sayin' :D. Despite you probably being a half-robot or programmed clone or magical math fairy, I still love you oodles and will try to think of Calc as 'not that bad'... I'll try.

    Joyce: Thanks!!! Your feedback means so much to me! If it weren't for you and your beautiful blog, I probably wouldn't have the enthusiasm or inspiration to keep this up.

    ReplyDelete