Everything I've wondered, pondered, considered, deliberated, contemplated, speculated, mused over, puzzled at, and thought about. Everything But Math that is.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Monday Mornings Are Not The Days To Be Happy

No.
Just no.

Some people excel at being cheerful, and that is wonderful, but everyone knows Monday Mornings are reserved only for half-asleep mumbling, continual grumbling, or some combination of the two.
Everyone knows this.
It's common courtesy to give everyone a little more leniency on these dreaded mornings.
Someone bumps into you in the hall? Poor guy, it's Monday.
Your friend doesn't respond to your text? It's all good, it's Monday.
Your ex-employee tries to set fire to your desk, it's Monday. You might want to get a restraining order, but it'd be a lenient one because, it was a Monday.

You know the whole misery loves company thing? on Monday Mornings, you give misery company.

Yet some people persist with this ridiculous cheerfulness on the morning one is forced to become acquainted with their alarms. Speaking as someone currently procrastinating enough to make this coming Monday 30% more painful, I can say, there's a good chance some one's cheerfulness is about to ruin my misery.

No one wants their Monday Morning melancholy interrupted with these ridiculous notions of unending happiness

3 comments:

  1. I remember you drawing this last year.
    So totally my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks! It's how I totally felt today! A very bleeeeeh Monday. But we got to sit together during lunch, which was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monday is one of my busiest days at work and I try to make it a little less Monday-like for the library patrons who come into my library. I never thought that I might be ruining someone's misery. Maybe I should tone down my cheerfulness.

    ReplyDelete